Friday, February 5, 2010

Reminders

We are snowed in, and eight children are still busily going about their days in our noisy,but happy home. I am feeling a little unsettled, though. Our oldest little chicken is stranded at a friend's house. He is quite happy and having a fun time- I just heard from him tonight. But I am happiest to have all my chicks under wing. I guess it's a small taste of what is soon to come. I was enjoying a respite in my room today, when I happened to glance at the window. What I saw brought a smile to my face:
This was something Will put on our window when he was twelve or so. I was a little annoyed when he first did it, having no idea how much I would treasure it in years to come. Now it is not leaving my window unless the window is replaced! Funny how time changes everything. Before I left my room, I put something away on the dresser. Again, I had to smile:><
This is the little pillow Will made for me for Christmas when he was nine years old. I'll never forget. Travis was away at work for several weeks. Will had disappeared for hours. I finally found him secretly working on a gift for me, but he told me not to peek. He must have been working on that pillow for three or four hours. He was so proud of it.
I am so thankful for the little reminders around the house of the love that surrounds me. Even when I mess up, or have a bad day, love is present and is real.