Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Happy Valentine's Day

Will went to 8:30 Mass this morning, leaving the rest of us to linger in the warmth of our cozy beds. Oliver fixed some hot tea for me, and Sam made me the sweetest valentine. Well, we lingered a little too long, and by the time we left the house at 10:30 it looked like a cyclone had hit the dining room. There were loads of laundry sprawled out on the table, toys and clothes strewn on the floor...Let's just say it wasn't pretty! We passed Will on the way to church (he was on his way home). I thought he might go back to bed or do some things in his room. Here is what he did instead:



The dining room was spotless when I walked through the door several hours later with tired and crabby children. What a wonderful surprise! He even lit a candle! And the roses that Travis had sent me were in full bloom:



Will even went through our extensive Osterheimer collection and set up little displays throughout the room. Here is one of them:



We had pizza for dinner, I have "rustic Italian Bread" baking in the oven, and I'm working in peace on my blog. Happy Day.

Update: The bread just came out of the oven- looks like the recipe is a winner: