Wednesday, April 1, 2009

ROCK ART ROCKS!!!




We have had so much fun painting rocks, I thought I would share this with you so you could get in on the fun. My kids have even earned money selling their creations and have given many away as unique gifts. We started out with a book (pictured) called: "Painting On Rocks For Kids," by Lin Wellford,and we quickly moved on to our own designs. Even Travis and I were in on the action. John Paul did the hamburger, Travis did the wood duck, and Ben made the monk(?) (I thought the monk was especially cool-don't know where he got the idea!) Once you start painting rocks, you will never look at a rock the same way again!! And you certainly don't need the book to get started. Find any rock, wash it, and paint it with acrylic paints. You can use enamel, too, but it is more expensive and not as kid friendly. You can finish it with a clear sealer if you want. So what are you waiting for?! Rocks are everywhere!