Tuesday, April 14, 2009

PICTURE BOOK EXTRAVAGANZA

I realized this evening that it has been a while since I've sat down to read with the little ones(Mary Margaret and Tommy) for an extended period of time. So after dinner tonight, we read until the children grew tired of reading (and me,too-if this is possible?) This is the list of books we read. (I always enjoy seeing what other people are reading to their children) :


1. Five LIttle Monkeys Sitting In A Tree by Eileen Christelow

2. Daisy Thinks She Is A Baby by Lisa Kopper(Thanks for the suggestion, Lissa)

3.The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, And THe Hungry Bear by Don & Audrey Wood)

4.If you Give A Cat A Cupcake by Laura Numeroff

5.In A Dark, Dark Room And Other Scary Stories by Alvin Schwartz(read this one several times at Tommy's insistence)

6.How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms by Mark Teague(read three times!)

7.Goody O'Grumpity by Carol Ryrie Brink(glad this was just a library book-Caddie Woodlawn was much better!)

8.Blueberries For The Queen by John and Katherine Paterson(Pictures by Susan Jeffers were nice, story not so great)

9.The Ear Book by Al Perkins(read this one when I was a kid. My kids laugh at the same parts as I did.)

10.Flicka,Ricka, Dicka&The Little Dog by Maj Lindman(I Love These Books)

11.Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes(Cute story.Mary Margaret liked it.)

12.Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (Read twice-is it just me or is the mom in this story a little bit psycho? I wonder what her daughter-in-law thought when the mother-in-law crawled through the window to rock her son to sleep!!!)

It really was fun to read together-fun and cheap entertainment. And yes, there were dirty dishes waiting in the sink....it's all about priorities!!!