Monday, April 20, 2009

BOOK SALE

I went to the book sale(actually, all the books were free !). I got lots of goodies, and we(all the kids came) had fun with grandma, Colleen and Tucker, and their children. I needed more books like a hole in the head, but there's always room for one more! Here are some of the goodies I found: The Timetables of History, several of the books in The Brown Paper Bag series (Marilyn Burns, Back Yard History Book,etc...),How To Read A Book by Mortimer Adler, The Great Ideas by Mortimer Adler, Soldier Of the great War by Mark Helprin, lots of kids nature and history books, art books, and some neat National Geographic picture books. It was like a shopping spree...now to find room and start reading...
On a sadder note, we got home to find all but three of the chicks drowned..They were in the basement,and the hose broke loose from the sump pump and fell into the chicken pen. It is so frustrating, but I guess it's just part of life when you're trying to raise animals.
Time to go read to the children and tuck them into bed. Too bad I didn't get any book sale pictures. The camera batteries were being recharged. Oh well, maybe next year!