Saturday, April 25, 2009

PROJECT BUBBLES #2-PARK DAYS

Today was a good old-fashioned day at the park. We stayed for 3 1/2 hours! It was p hot, but the Staunton park has a pretty creek running through it. The children played in it almost the whole time. They climbed on the rocks, splashed in the water, and caught cray fish. Oliver caught a huge one that looked as big as a lobster!!!The older kids grew a little tired of being at the park, and I had a realization: when children are younger, it takes so much less to keep them entertained and happy. As they get older, other things such as socialization and mental stimulation become more important. Where have the years gone? I remember so many long, wonderful days of going to the park with the older boys(when they were young), and suddenly they don't enjoy it anymore. Sometimes the progression of time wakes me up. I guess the conclusion I came to yesterday is that I still need to provide all-day-park-events for the little ones, but I need to accept the fact that the older kids are ready to move on for now-at least until they have their own children and start the cycle all over again!!