Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Do I Dare?


I have had several New Year's resolutions brewing in my head for several days now. I planned to write all about my resolutions on the blog, but I have hesitated. I know my personality. I'm a diver, a plunger, an enthusiast, an optimist. But I'm not a good follow-througher.

I was upstairs in my room tonight, working on a plan for my days. It is no small thing to have nine children awaiting my direction. After successfully scheduling all of our activities for the day: reading aloud, prayer times, meals, lessons, exercise, etc... I realized I had not scheduled any personal prayer time with God. Sighhhhhh.

I know what I need to do. My neighbor and I were discussing life the other day, and she said, "Sometimes I just think in the morning, 'there is no way I can get out of bed when it's dark today.'  But I make myself do it, and it's fine."

MAKE MYSELF DO IT.

A light bulb went off in my head. My new resolution is not to "wake up early." My new resolve is to "Make myself do it." Will power. Self Control. Prayer. Discipline.

I am going out on a limb here...do I dare? With trepidation I ask all of you, dear readers, to help me be accountable. My plan is to wake up each morning at 6:15 to greet the day and spend time in prayer. I humbly ask you to encourage me on my morning journey.

I'll let you know how it goes!!