Monday, October 4, 2010

On Their Own

Oliver's picture of the "floating" leaf:



My bookshelves are bulging with wonderful books, filled with ideas of crafty things to do with kids. Unfortunately, it seems like getting meals on the table and clean clothes in the drawer has made me into a rather 'uncrafty' Mama! The children help quite a bit with the chores, but in their spare time, they find plenty to do!



Emily and Mary Margaret have been doing fashion shows and practicing their photography skills.



Emily redecorated a purse she found at a yard sale. She told me a neat story behind the purse. Apparently her best friend kept saying how ugly she thought the purse was. Emily said to me, "Mom, I don't know why it was so hard for me to tell her that I liked it, and I bought it because I did like it and wasn't going to worry about what she thought." So there was a little lesson in self-confidence!



Oliver took the big Spanish ship off of the bookshelf in the living room. He cleaned it all up and took some neat pictures:



Mary Margaret is learning how to use the camera:



All the children, even Anna, love the magnetic blocks their Grandma and Papa gave to Sam for his birthday. This might be their all time favorite toy. I would highly recommend every family owning a set or two!!: