Sunday, November 1, 2009

Celtic Spirit

I was looking forward to doing some blogging this evening, but I can't find the camera! I think I'll have to hide it......
So just a little note about a neat CD I have been enjoying. It's called Celtic Spirit. It has very soothing music on it. The first song is worth mentioning.It is called, "Ubi Caritas." The first line is: "Ubi Caritas et Amor, Deus Ibi Est." This translates to: "Where there is charity and Love, God is there." The song is beautiful, too. It is in the form of Gregorian chant with celtic instruments. I know that technically Chant does not have instrumentals, but this is done very tastefully in the song.
The fourth song is an instrumental of "be Thou My vision"- lovely. Then there is, "The Christ Child's Lullaby," "Our Father, God Celestial," "Salve Splendor," "Rosa Mystica" ( A litany to the Blessed Mother)...and several more. I have my copy checked out from the library. I might just have to obtain my own copy!