Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Morning Mud Capers







Before I could even wipe the sleep from my eyes this morning, Tommy and Mary Margaret were outside collecting worms. We have had rain for days, and worms are everywhere! The kids were so excited, they came bursting through the door, muddy boots and all- through the kitchen, the dining room, and in to the school room, leaving a trail of mud chunks and water everywhere. I scooped them both up and carried them outside before they knew what was happening. Oliver was so dear. I asked him, "Could you please help me clean up this mess Tommy and Mary Margaret made?" He said, "Oh, I was already cleaning it. I wanted to get it cleaned up because sometimes when mornings start with a big mess, it spoils the whole day." Just hearing that made the mess worth it!