Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Beauty in Little Places

"Can I please pet the chickens, Mommy, PLEEEEASE!?"

"We can get dressed after breakfast and go to see them. Come in the kitchen."

"No, Mommy, I want to see them now!!!"

Then I realized:


And, "Yes," laughingly, "Anna, you may go ahead and pet the chickens now."

And, no I did not have my camera ready to capture the sweet moment that ensued. Isn't that the nature of life? When we try to capture moments, they are gone.
I gain such childish pleasure over filling the nooks and crannies of our home with little treasures...that will be discovered...and hopefully explored.


Ella, my niece, gave me the lovely blue bottle last Spring, filled with sunny Daffodils. Now we have filled it with a bit of Autumn.







Little hands and mouths love clementines. Mama loves the peels. They can be dried and mixed with cloves and cinnamon to make a cozy simmering spice.



Can peels be decorative? Perhaps when they are drying on a window sill~ deilcately, gracefully. Art is everywhere. I like to deocorate our home with natural objects. The "decor" naturally changes with the seasons, as we gather what delights us from the great banquet out of doors!