Saturday, June 5, 2010

This is what I posted to my facebook wall tonight:


Remember, It's never too late to turn a new leaf.

I was sort of making a pun, because I wanted a caption to go along with the picture I took (of a mint leaf). The more I thought about it, I realized that I really like that thought. It has kind of become a cliche, but think about what it really means!
One of my favorite lines from the Anne Of Green Gables Movie is what Anne's teacher (Miss Stacey)tells her many times: "Remember, Anne. Tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes in it."
Think of that... a clean slate! And we are also told in the Bible that the Lord's mercies are new every morning. We don't even have to wait for tomorrow. The next minute of our lives is a good place to begin anew. I'm glad I had this happy thought!



"The world is so full of a number of things, I am sure we should all be as happy as kings!" ~Robert Louis Stevenson
( Did you know that Robert Louis Stevenson spent much of his childhood laid up in bed? That's when he thought up many of the stories he wrote later in life.)