Sunday, January 31, 2010

Gone






Today I thought I would take my walk during sunset, but didn't want to wait that long (so I thought). We reached the top of the hill (John Paul and Ben came, too), and the sun was shining through the pine trees. I thought it was so beautiful that I would get a quick shot, thinking sunset was another hour away. How shocked I was when after taking the first two pictures in two seconds, by the third second, the third picture, the sun was gone for the day.
It struck me how much life is like that sunset. We think we have all the time in the world to do what we will. Take that walk, write that letter, read that book, call my grandmother, play a game with my child, pray more fervently,...and then it's gone. The time is gone. Another day over. The time to live is NOW! I love how the Lord speaks to us in nature...if we only open our eyes!